In recognition of excellence and impact to community.
Earlier this year, we established the Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Awards. These awards will recognise Old Collegians who have achieved excellence in their professional lives who have lived the Values of Saint Kentigern in their pursuits whilst simultaneously showcasing great leadership, and who present as role models that current students can emulate.
Following a rigorous judging process, we look forward to the opportunity to celebrate the achievements of the four esteemed winners of the inaugural awards at a black-tie ceremony to be held in February 2022. The winners are:
- John Beckett (Saint Kentigern College, 1958-1962)
- Philip Recordon (Saint Kentigern Boys’ School, 1959-1960 and Saint Kentigern College, 1961-1965)
- Sir Noel Robinson (Saint Kentigern College, 1958-1961)
- Dr Ernest Willoughby (Saint Kentigern College, 1959-1963)
Profiles of the outstanding accomplishments of these four distinguished Old Collegians will be shared following the ceremony.
To be held every two years, the Distinguished Alumni Awards will recognise Saint Kentigern Old Collegians for the following:
- A series of achievements of note in the fields of business, social, cultural, sporting or environmental well-being of the community; and/or
- A career of exceptional national or international accomplishment.
The recipient of a Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Award will each receive a distinctively created commemorative piece of sculpture with design attributes inspired by our Scottish heritage.
Recipients are selected by a special selection panel which comprises the following members representing different parts of the Saint Kentigern community; Peter Cassie (Senior Leadership Team), Mark Conelly ((Trust Board), David Boyd (Founder Trustee), Andrew Morgan (Old Collegians Association) and Hayden Butler (Old Collegians Association).
For more information about the Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Awards, please contact Director of Development, Richard Lindroos at firstname.lastname@example.org